Thursday, September 11, 2008

A brand new (Apple) World

After a life on PC it is time to try also a MAC. I wanted to get one ever since they made the transition to Intel based processors that allow one to run Windows on them. Moreover, the benchmark test show that they even do it better than the native PCs. Which says something (very good) about their architecture/performance. That being said, I decided to try it myself. After all, they also became quite affordable now...and I have a feeling that the prices will go even lower over the next two years. To me, it looks like they are after the big Market for PC users so the combination lower price-Intel based Macs goes right at the heart of such a strategy. On top of that, the slick design, allegedly better performance and lower spyware/virus threats make the macs even more appealing. Back to the real world, I got the cheapest specification with a Macbok 2.1 Ghz and 1 Gb of RAM. For 80 bucks, Newegg.com provided a new 4Gb (dual) G-skill memory which fills now the slots of my new laptop.

No comments: