Friday, June 09, 2006

Travel Diaries 2 - Arrival in Barcelona

Barcelona never looked better than when I saw it from the plane at 7 am in the morning. The sun was just coming out the Mediteranean Sea and the whole city was looking amazing when we came to land from the sea side. After that I had the chance to walk a bit in the centre of the town (the famous La Rambla street/walk) but the luggage was too much so I had to go to my accomodation place (the UAB hotel) located about 20km away, or about 30 minutes by train.
Yesterday I went out with a group of people from the conference and we wondered the streets a bit before catching a dinner and a beer in the town. Lovely street, people and weather. One would definetely has too restrain a lot from not leaving the conference and just hang out in some bars or get a tan on the beach. Everything in its own time. Hopefully:)
The comference/summer school is prooving to be quite different and challenging but I am sure everything will be just fine.


In the Center of the Town


Down by the beach


The walking group


Mediteranean kind of urban landscape


The Famous La Rambla -nighshot

No comments: