Sunday, February 08, 2009

New (to me) Ninja Music

Although I haven't had much time lately to listen and experiment, I look forward to going over some of these albums and EPs:

1. Mr. Scruff - Ninja Tuna (2008): I have listen to some of his track and there are some nice & interesting collaborations with Quantic and Roots Manuva, among others, but the main musical lines are preserved throughout the album.


2. DJ Kentaro - Trust (2008) In this EP, Kentaro does what he knows best, turn tables, that is. two tracks: Rainy Day and Trust in a couple of versions. Except the first track, which is still hectic mix of beats, I didn't really enjoyed the rest.

3. Blockhead - Music by Cavelight (2004). This is Blockhead's debut album that I have been searching for a while now. It is pretty hard to come by but totally worthy to have. Some great instrumental stuff. If you know "Insomniac Olympics", expect more.

No comments: