Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dublin Philarmonic Orchestra - The Irish Spectacular

Naturally, I was expecting traditional violins and uillean pipes and Irish flutes, maybe even some bodhran (percussion), but I got much more than that. One of (if not) THE best concerns I had the privilege to assist to. The Dublin Philarmonica was great and I think that the difference was made by the unconventional program which included traditional Irish songs performed by a regular Irish band, exquisite singers and even one dancer. All and all, a great mix of music ranging from classical to almost pop-rock stuff that was always exciting and different. The result: people went frantic for an encore but, unfortunately, it did not happen. However, some of my 2 best concert hours yet. Just Great!!!

No comments: