Saturday, June 02, 2007

World's best violonist here in Albany

Thursday night I had the priviledge of watching one of the greatest musicians alive. Itzhak Perlman is world-wide recognized as the best in the business and I had my chance to experience it that night with the Albany Symphony Orchestra directed by the charismatic David Allen Miller.
In the program:
1. A world premier - quite common with maestro Miller. This time was "Moments from Yosemite and the Range of Light" by Carolyn Yarnell
followed by a tumoultous
2. Stravinsky - The Firebird Suite (1919 version)
and after the break,
3. Beethoven's "Violin Concerto in D Major" Op.61 where Itzhak Perlman was the solist.
Trully great, especially since for me it has been a couple of months since I went to a concert. Thank you.

No comments: