Thursday, February 23, 2006

The next step - mastering Stata

After the quest in Micro, I still have one more thing to master and that of course is Econometrics, which I guess, every grad student in econ will agree that is considered the main tool but on the other hand, you don't get much from the class(es). Since I only had it once, way way back and in RO, which was very lame, I have a lot to catch up with.



Like for example, the programming. Never did it before. Thus, now I am studying Stata, the most popular program, in order to recuperate in this way too. Of course, the theoretical stuffs are hard to grasp and in need for at vary least 20 hrs a week of study, but I am trying to combine them both to the best of my abilities. Moreover I have to study from books/help files/websites...:))...things that I kind of dislike and don't usually do. But I guess a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Obviously this I am doing it for myself, so I cannot hurt to be a bit better.

No comments: