Sunday, December 17, 2006

Nu Jazz: When Jazz goes Clubbing


Lately in my ever ongoing musical evolution, lately I came across of a lot of downtempo and nu jazz music, closely related and combined in different inventive ways and means of expression. Today I'll talk about the latter.
Bugge Wesseltoft,Norwegian by nationality, international by nature is a jazz musician, pianist and composer (plus a producer - own label Jazzland Records). His main projects were the New Conception of Jazz and Ragatronics, plus his solo act. I had the opportunity to listen just the first one (New Conception of Jazz 1997) but it really got under my skin. I am curious to see what else is out there..and most of all of his solo project which should be at least as revolutionary as the rest of his stuff.

No comments: