Saturday, December 16, 2006

Battlestar Galactica


This week I started to watch Battle star Galactica, the SF series from Sci-FI channel and I got hooked up on it. After about 5 DVDs I successfully completed the pilot plus the first season. The truth is that it's quite different from the usual happy-ending futurist stories praised in Star Trek series; the human race (based on planet Caprica) has almost been wiped out by their own creations (cylons, which basically from a basic AI jumped to complex imitators and surpassors of the humans). In an epic quest towards Earth (here the lost and distant planet of the last colonists mentioned only in legends) the episodes show more drama than the usual science fiction puzzles and gizmos. They can still "jump" in hyperspace though...regardless of experiencing other basic problems with food or water. Intriguing to say the least and beautifully crafted. Makes me wonder why I never watched on cable before.

No comments: