Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Guy Richie's RockNRolla

I have been quite a GR fan considering his earlier work (Snatch, Lock,stock..) but I never stop wondering if something ORIGINAL is going to emerge in one of his dark-humor-gangster movies. So far, nada. RockNRolla is just emulating his previous movies, just as Snatch did to some extent with Lock, stock.. However, it is fine; I mean it would have been surprising to see something different. I guess this is his personal recipe and why change something that is working. Just hearing about the new GR movie, drove me to wait and buy the DVD. The summary from IMDB "In London, a real-estate scam puts millions of pounds up for grabs, attracting some of the city's scrappiest tough guys and its more established underworld types, all of whom are looking to get rich quick. While the city's seasoned criminals vie for the cash, an unexpected player -- a drugged out rock 'n' roller presumed to be dead but very much alive -- has a multi-million dollar prize fall into his hands" and a great soundtrack (check it out!!) coined my decision. Unfortunately, I have been postponing to watch it for some months now (lack of time) until yesterday, when I finally managed to do so. It is an entertaining piece, typical GR shooting style, script & characters, with a lesser interesting action thread that his previous releases. Still, a well deserved 8 out of 10.

No comments: