Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Beware of ButerflyPhoto


It seems that I was quite lucky so far on my online purchases since I didn't experience anything bad so far (except a few things on Ebay but nothing out of the normal probabilistic tail of events). Until these guys came. I tried to buy a Panasonic Lumix FZ7 black a couple of weeks ago and got a tampered package missing the SD card and having a blank CD from Staple, probably burned with a crappy writer, since I wasn't even able to read anything of it. Again, naturally, nobody cares about a ridiculously (included) 16 mb card or the CDROM from Panasonic (which has decent free software from ArcSoft) when you're using CS2...BUT...the principle still stands. Why we should allow tampered packages for the sake of such retailers/ or better said, costumer representatives (mine was called Chris!!) who have stripped my package?? Thus, I decided to return it, even if it was at my own expense. Moreover, I paid for it $280 at BPhoto while at JR.com the same thing + a 512SD card from Panasonic was only $266. Now I am waiting for the refund and it has been more than a week since they got the package. terrible indeed... Power to the consumer!!!

No comments: