Monday, March 15, 2010

Burn-a-Mac tale

Only today I got to finally burned a DVD on my MacBook after about a year and a half of usage. Deh, a 1 TB external HDD comes in handy and I do not watch many movies on the computer these days. I just wanted to hear some music on my loudspeakers instead, so I went for it. Two things: 1. burning a DVD/CD on a MAC is way easier than Win (dummies, welcome!) 2. again, there are some software/hardware issues in this Nexus, since the last time I tried burning some stuff on my external writer (a NEC 3550) I was not able to. Later I checked the specs and indeed, it seemed that it was unable to write DVD-R 16X, so I was dissappointed that I haven't checked that before buying a whole stack of 50 DVD R-'s. Today, I was able to write the same DVDRs at 16X without much hassle...my dvd player chocked a bit (but it is an old one anyways) but took it in the end. Thus, it seems that there is something in the soft (Mac Burner versus Nero or whatever I was using under Win) that gives Macs another reason to glitter..Getting back to the issue, easy is an understatement: 1. make a new folder on your desktop (right click and choose Burn Folder) 2. drag and drop whatever you need to burn 3. hit the burn button (upper right) 4. done. Great.

No comments: