Friday, January 27, 2006

Personal improvements in understanding Economics



After a month of struggling learning process towards the depths of neo-classical micro theory that is taught in any respectable grad-school in economics, I have to say that I have learned a lot, indeed. Although in the actual exam I didn't feel quite well, hence I couldn't focus on the problems, I still feel I did a pretty good job on it. It remains to be assessed also by the professors and I am hoping that they will feel the same way. I just need to pass it in order to make peace with my mind for having stayed here during the break and crunched all the problems in the textbook and more; which, in the end didn't help almost at all, but increased my overall knowledge in the field. The main concepts and their twists and now quite clear and provable, which I sense it as a significant overall Pareto improvement for myself. On the Cost Benefit site, I always liked that subject although controversial and with obvious limitations; I guess because of its obvious and immediate application in the real world and the difference that such an appraisal could come up with. In addition, before grad school, I never had it, so it was completely new to me.
I surely hope that this would be enough to pass it and from now on utilities, elasticities and all the marginal effects would just be a matter of hobbies and personal interests rather than a necessity required by a formal examination:).
Howgh!

No comments: